The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) came into force on 25th May 2018 and introduced new rules to protect your personal data. Cork Occupational Therapy Services Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and is fully compliant with the GDPR.
As part of this we need to provide you with the updated privacy information set out below.
Types of information we collect:
We may collect the following information by email, telephone call, post or personal interview
- Name and job title
- Company or organisation if appropriate
- Contact information including name, address, date of birth, email address and telephone number.
- Demographic information such as address, post code, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Information relevant to providing our services. This may include sensitive information about your physical and/or mental health.
How we collect your Data:
We will collect data from our clients through our website and at consultations and appointments with you. Cork Occupational Therapy Services Ltd. operates as a Data Controller in respect of the personal data supplied by its patients and clients. We will collect personal data about you from the application forms, contact forms, questionnaires, consultations, records of correspondence, telephone calls, emails, clinical notes and records, and information otherwise directly furnished by you and others involved the services we are providing to you.
What we use the information for
Your information is used to perform our contractual obligations to provide services (which may be provided to private clients or the for the benefit of our company clients’ personnel) and for our internal record keeping.
We will only use the information about your health with your consent and for the purpose of providing our services.
If you have given us your consent, we will also use your information (other than information about your health) to:
- Maintain personal information and clinical notes required to provide our services to you.
- Correspond with other healthcare practitioners on your behalf (e.g. your GP or consultant) with your consent.
- Correspond with other parties involved on your behalf (e.g. architects, builders, councils) with your consent.
- Engage with you and respond to any requests which you may have.
- Process payments in connection with services provided.
- Meet our legal and statutory obligations (including, defence of legal claims, if applicable)
- To issue reminders to our clients
- To issue receipts for payment to our clients
- Send promotional emails about new services and other information, which we think you may find beneficial using the email address, which you have provided. We use third party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our subscription e-newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-newletter. For more information, please see Mailchimp’s cookie notice. (https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/).
- Contact you (by email, telephone or post) for market research purposes.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, please email Linda@corkotservices.ie . We will give you the opportunity to opt out of future marketing whenever we send you marketing material via Mailchimp.
How do we store your Data?
Cork Occupational Therapy Services Ltd. securely stores hard and soft copies of data collected in adherence with GDPR.
We will use all appropriate and reasonable measures to ensure integrity and confidentiality of the personal as maintained at all times.
How long we keep your information?
The GDPR provides that personal information should be kept in a form which permits identification of the person to whom it relates for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected and processed.
As a general rule we will keep personal information about clients (over 18 years of age) for 7 years and we will delete/shred at the end of this period. If the information relates to building works completed as a result of our recommendations, we may keep this for a longer period of time.
Information, which is collected and processed to send promotional emails, and contacting you for market research purposes will be kept for 5 years or until you withdrawn your consent to hold your information for those purposes.
Who we share your details with
We will not share your personal information with third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so.
Who we share your details with:
We will not disclose sensitive personal data without your consent, unless;
- specifically authorised or required by law; or
- required for the protection of the vital interest of the Data Subject or of any other natural person; or
- where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
We will ensure that processing of sensitive personal data is carried out in compliance of the GDPR at all times.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorsed access or disclosure, we have put in place highly encrypted electronic systems and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We will not transfer your personal information outside the European Union.
Rights of Data Subject:
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you together with other information about our processing of that personal data. There is no charge for this service.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected or if we have incomplete information you may request that we request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as a right to be forgotten.
- Right to restrict processing or object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes or object to our processing of your personal data for a particular purpose
- Right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you or a third party with a copy of your personal data in a structured commonly used readable format.
- Right to object to processing – you have the right to object to processing of data under certain conditions.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact Linda Horgan, Cork Occupational Therapy Services Ltd. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ask that you ensure that all data which you furnish to us is kept accurate and up-to-date at any stage. If you are unhappy with how we process your personal data we ask that you contact us so that we can rectify the situation. You may lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority of the Irish Supervisory Authority of the Data Protection Commission: email@example.com
You can object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any stage.
Privacy policies of other websites
Changes to this Privacy Notice